martedì 9 aprile 2013

F.A.R. Husqvarna - Concho National Enduro Report

The Concho National Enduro in Blackwater, Texas saw Fred Andrews Racing Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong take his career-first win in the AMA Enduro Championship! DeLong managed to master the fast and rocky Texas terrain aboard his TXC310R to take the big win by a final overall margin of 6 seconds. The 22-year-old made history for Husqvarna as the first rider to win a national enduro in nearly 10 years! (The last was Fred Hoess in 2003).

Andrew started out the day with 2nd fastest time on test 1 only 2 seconds out of 1st! For added excitement a deer was racing down the trail with him, crossing in front of him a few times before going into the thick brush!

In the second test Andrew managed to strengthen his 2nd position by setting the 2nd fastest time.

A crash in test 3 in which a stick got stuck in his brake pedal cost Andrew some time but he still finished 4th in the test and took the lead in the Overall Standings. The following test the 4th fastest time was enough to defend the overall lead.

The last two test Andrew rode carefully with high speed always keeping in touch with his closest rivals which allowed him to take his first ever AMA Enduro victory!

Andrew DeLong (Pro class – TXC310R): “I am so happy right now! I have been working on trying to win for a few years now. I had great first 2 tests. When I crashed on test 3 and still got 4th I knew then I was going pretty fast. My TXC310R was the bike to have today!!! It feels really, really good to get this win. I was telling Fred I don't even know if it sank in yet. I race against so many of my heroes in the national enduros - I've looked up to these guys for so long, and I can't believe I actually beat them! Hopefully I can carry this momentum and attitude into the rest of the series and keep moving up.”

Fred Andrews (Team-Manager F.A.R.): “3 national wins in less than 2 weeks! Andrew's hard work is paying off! The whole team could not be happier for him!”

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

MxLynx è il sito ideale se vuoi rimanere aggiornato per tutto ciò che riguarda il mondo delle due ruote. Noi infatti non ci limitiamo alle moto o al ciclismo, ma spaziamo da un campo all'altro, tenendovi aggiornati sulle ultime novità riguardanti il motocross, le bici da corsa, le bici a scatto fisso o fixed bike e il bdc forum ciclismo su strada. Le e-bike sono il trend del momento e noi ci teniamo a rimanere al passo coi tempi anche su questo punto.

Troverai numerosi video, foto, immagini, interviste, analisi tecniche, test, commenti degli esperti, opinioni, schede tecniche, prove comparative e recensioni.